Home

Monday, February 24, 2014

Scholar Dollars & Wallet

Scholar Dollars & Wallet

You can get it HERE or HERE!
This set has 7 denominations like real money-$1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100. There are sheets in color and grayscale.
             I had my students make and decorate a paper wallet (pattern included) for a place to keep their money. That really got them motivated to earn money for their wallets!

             Photocopy many sheets of the bills you choose to use. Have a parent volunteer cut them up and organize them for you. Rubber band them by denomination.
             My students wrote their names on the back of their bills, in marker or crayon, when they received them.

             I used Scholar Dollars with an end of the year review. We played a review game and my students earned Scholar Dollars when they answered questions correctly. Then I auctioned off items I had in my prize box and they bid/paid with Scholar Dollars.
             Tear redeemed Scholar Dollars in half before you discard them.

             I also gave Scholar Dollars for being kind, helping others, and anything else I could think of! They really helped to motivate my students!
             They can be used for motivation, contests, games, rewards, auctions, etc.

             I made them in the same denominations as real money so they can practice counting bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment