Home

Friday, November 23, 2012

Leibster Award!

I have been nominated for a Liebster Award!! Thanks so much, Teach with Laughter,  for nominating me!  The Liebster Award is designed to bring attention to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
 
First, I am supposed to say 11 random things about myself, so here goes...
1. I am married.
2. We have an 18 year old daughter who just started college this fall.
3. I love photography.
4. I love playing on the computer and creating things in Photoshop.
5. I enjoy gardening (flowers).
6. Walking through forests is my favorite thing to do.
7. I love to try new recipes.
8. I have two sisters.
9. I taught first and second grade for 26 years and subbed for 3 years before I was hired.
10. I LOVE animals.
11. I LOVE my mitten (Michigan).
 
 These are the 11 questions I must answer:
1. How old were you when you knew you wanted to be a teacher?
 
I was ten years old. My teacher would put me in charge of the class while he had safety meetings in another part of the school. I also helped other kids when I finished my work. I knew then that that was what I wanted to be.
 
2. When did you start blogging?
My blog has been in existence for a while, but I just really started blogging this past summer.
 
3. What is you favorite word word activity?
I'm not sure what that means! LOL Word wall maybe? I'll come back to this one later!
 
4. What is your favorite television show?
My fav show is Big Bang Theory! If you ahven't seen it, watch it- hilarious. I highly recommend you rent the episodes and watch them from the beginning though, so that the characters will  make more sense.
 
5. Who is your favorite author?
I love true crime books written by Ann Rule.
 
6. What is your favorite children's book?
I loved Pippi Longstocking and Little House on the Prarie books.
 
7. What is your favorite food?
My mom makes the best German potato pancakes. I eat them slathered with apple sauce- yum!
8. What's at the top of your Christmas list?
I want to spend time with family and friends.
 
9. Do you have any pets?
We share a house with a dog, a parakeet and two cockatiels.
 
10. What is your favorite childhood memory?
I had a very special parakeet that could do somersaults when he wanted to be let out of his cage. He was so smart and funny. 
 
11. What is your favorite part of your teaching day?
I just retired this summer. I would have to say when I was teaching and I'd see light bulbs going off in little heads- when things would suddenly make sense after a child struggled with something.
 
Here are 11 questions my moninees must answer:
1. How long have you been teaching?
2. Do you have a theme for your classroom, and if so, what is it?
3. Do you have any pets?
4. Do you have children of your won?
5. What state do you live in?
6. What is your favorite subject to teach?
7. What is your favorite movie?
8. What is your favorite book?
9. What is your favorite children's book?
10. What is your favorie season and why?
11. Why did you start blogging?
 
Here are the 11 blogs I am nominating:
 
 
I can't wait to learn more about all of them!
Have a great rest of the weekend, everyone!
Barb :-)

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed learning about you. I can always count on a giggle from The Big Bang Theory :-)

    ReplyDelete